No products in the cart.
What Are Portable Vaporizers?
Portable Vaporizers are battery enabled devices that energize active ingredients in liquids, dry botanical, wax or oils by producing a vapor that is similar to smoke, yet not smoke. In this process, there is no combustion, as temperatures are typically below 400 degrees Fahrenheit to produce the vapor.
Let’s clear up some confusion out there. When most people think of e-cigs or portable vaporizers, they think of the picture on the left, lumping everything into one category. It is important to differentiate between the portable vaporizer (s) out there.
Portable Vaporizer Options
Here is a quick summation:
- E-cigarette: Left side of picture. Typically found only in gas stations or convenient stores; usually disposable with prefilled cartridges made by Rj Renolds and others. Usually not found in vape shops. (i.e. Blu)
- Pen Style Vaporizer: In the left of picture. These contain electronics for regulation of power level, typically priced under $100, and use atomizers to produce vapor, via a cotton wick or wick-less versions and are rechargeable and refillable with e-juice.
- Mods: Top middle of picture. For use with rebuild-able atomizers, interchangeable tanks, provide greater temperature control, and can produce a lot more vapor and more flavor. Priced $100 and above.
Advanced Personal Vaporizers:
Fall into 2 categories
- For use with dry botanicals like tobacco, aromatherapy herbs or legalized marijuana. Some can additionally use wax or oils. Typically fit in palm of your hand. Battery life anywhere form 45 min continuous use to hour and half. Some afford pass through charging (can vape while charging). Temperate control can be preset or others have more precise settings. They do not use e-juice liquids and typically use conduction heating (explained more here).
- Similar to Portables as they use dry botanicals like tobacco, aromatherapy herbs or legalized marijuana and some wax or oils. Biggest difference here is use of convection heating, which requires more energy, but provides more even heat and better vapor production and taste. Not portable due to energy constraints. (need wall outlet).
These are the different types of vaporizers out there. Hopefully now you have better idea of the differences if trying to select a vaporizer for personal use, were not clear on the topic, and/or now feel more knowledgeable about Portable Vaporizers.
Let us know what you think in the comments below and remember, the only way to vape, is to Vape Royally!